When people hear "Carrot cake" they are like "It's a vegetable"!! But after you try this recipe you won't think like that anymore.
The cake on the picture is filled with cream cheese icing and the outside is also cream cheese icing! If you want the cream cheese icing, just leave a message behind!
Have fun baking and decorating!
Preheat oven to 175 degrees C.
- 2 x 20 diameter (8 inch) baking pan,
- 335 gram of butter,
- 2 ¼ cup flour,
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda,
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder,
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon,
- ¾ cup sugar,
- ¾ cup light brown sugar,
- 4 eggs,
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract,
- 5 large grated carrots.
- Melt the butter in a pan. When the butter is completely melted and become golden yellow you can remove it from the fire. Let the butter cool down and continue with the other ingredients,
- Mix the white and brown sugar together in a bowl,
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract into the bowl (with the sugar) and whisk until everything is incorporated,
- Add the melted butter in the bowl and stir with a spatula,
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon together and ad these dry ingredients into the bowl and keep whisking,
- Finally ad the grated carrots into the bowl and whisk for a few seconds,
- Spray baking spray in your baking pans and add the cake batter,
- Bake the cake for about 40 to 45 minutes. The cake is ready when you stick a toothpick into the cake and it comes out dry.
You can follow Browny's cakes on:
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/brownyscakes or click here!!!
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BrownysCakes or click here!!
For a cake order send Browny's cakes an e-mail:
It's a browny's thing...